CAPRECON DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION (UK)
In partnership with
SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT (Nigeria)
A 2-WEEK WRITERS' PROGRAMME
Let Your Voice Be Heard!
16th February, 2015 to 27th February, 2015
(This two programmes will be reported in one widely read national newspaper and also on several online platforms)
Young African Writers’ Competition (online)
Theme: Your Right to Write Right!
Opens: 12th February, 2015 Closes: 16th February, 2015
Prizes : One young poet wins a N1000 recharge card, each day.
All worthwhile entries will be published in an anthology to be printed in America. The best 5 poets will also get free paperback version of the book.
Submit a love poem not longer than 20 lines to:
Spicteam@gmail.com (and CC it to firstname.lastname@example.org too).
Send a nice picture of yourself (the picture should be renamed to show your formal names) additionally please.
Age Limit: Open only to poets beneath the age of 25 years.
Career Talk/Writing Orientation Seminar for Students
Topic: Unleash the Writer in You!
Resource Person: Abegunde Sunday Olaoluwa
SCHOOLS TO BE REACHED ARE:
• Tots' Glee School, Ajayeoba Bus Stop, Itele, Ogun State, Nigeria
Date: Monday 23rd February, 2015. Time 1pm to 2:30pm
• Community Junior School, Karimu Laka Street, Egbeda, Lagos, Nigeria
Date: Tuesday 24th February, 2015. Time 1pm to 2:30pm
•. GEC Comprehensive College, Ipaja, Lagos State, Nigeria
Date: Wednesday 25th February, 2015 Time 1pm to 2:30pm
• Samlad International School, Ayetoro, Ogun State, Nigeria
Date: Thursday 26th February, 2015 Time 1pm to 2:30pm
• OSMA International College, Ayetoro, Ogun State, Nigeria
Date: Friday 27th February, 2015 Time 1pm to 2:30pm
THIS PROGRAMME IS AIMED AT:
• Inspiring young students to cultivate a reading and writing culture within their lives.
• Promoting peace, through writing, including essays and poetry writing. Also there will be writing competitions where winners will be awarded cash and other prizes.
• Discovering, encouraging, mentoring and sponsoring outstanding young writers who are financially disadvantaged.
• Make memorable impact in the lives of people.
ABOUT THE ORGANISERS
CAPRECON DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
Caprecon is a newly formed, small organisation that is supported by friends and well-wishers. Caprecon tries to do its best, with little resources, to empower people.
Motto: Growth, Empowerment and Peace
SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT
Speaking Pen is a firm which offers author related services such as editing, cover designing, ePublishing and real publishing in Nigeria and America, for worldwide distributing. This a company that makes it their business to make impact on the lives of people through education.
Motto: Speak Aloud! Write Alright!
For enquiry, suggestions and comments, call +2348138841784 or email email@example.com