Wednesday 13 August 2014

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE JAMAICAN POET, ANTONIA VALAIRE (Christena AV Williams)


EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE JAMAICAN POET, ANTONIA VALAIRE (Christena AV Williams) by SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT – S.P.I.C
Sunday June, 2014.
Held live on m.facebook.com/speakingpen !!!!

SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C:

ABOUT OUR GUEST AUTHOR TODAY

Prime Minister's Youth Awards Nominee 2013: Christena Williams

Category: Arts & Culture

Twenty one year old Christena Antonia Valaire Williams is a writer and poet who seeks to empower and motivate people specifically women through her works. Writing from the age of 10, Christena’s poems have been published in the Jamaican Gleaner and in several anthologies across the world.

Her first book of poetry entitled “PEARLS AMONG STONES” was published in 2013 by Canadian publisher Brian Wrixon Books. Citing poets and artistes such as Maya Angelou, Langston Hughes and Bob Marley as inspirations, Christena describes herself as a radical poet whose pen is a lethal weapon of hope and change – “let the police smell the poignant aroma of rhythm and blues collide with my Genius creative expression. Handcuff me for resisting being silent, check my breath for the bubbles of a drunken poet spitting up words and rhymes expressively with profanity of poetry.”

Currently studying history at the University of the West Indies, Christena hopes to own her own publishing company in the near future.



SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C:
Hallo everyone!!!
Welcome on board. I’m your dearly host, Abegunde Sunday Olaoluwa. Your brother, son and friend. Do enjoy yourself and please don’t forget to click LIKE to mark yourself present here live. Click LIKE on questions and answers you like. Fasten your seat belt, relax your head and let's drive!!!! 

SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C
For now, every other person can follow the conversation till we reach the audience participatory segment. give you LIKES generously to show you're with us

SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C
Now Poet Christena Williams, the Winner of The Prime Minister Youth Award for Excellence (in Jamaica)... ma, please, greet the entire speaking pen crew and wonderful

SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C
Antonia Valaire... awaiting you answer for this ma



CHRISTENA AV WILLIAMS:
I hope we can begin now I do apologise to everyone again for being late

Abosede Shittu Enitan: (Member of SPIC TEAM):
You’re welcome ma, we have been waiting for you.... Apology accepted!!!


SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C:
No problem about that. Time difference between Nigeria and Jamaica must have been responsible for the lateness hence apology accepted as spic Bose asserts. Thank God you’re now here ma. The entire SPIC Team welcomes you to this event.

CHRISTENA AV WILLIAMS:
Thank you for having me

Abosede Shittu Enitan (Member of SPIC TEAM):
You're welcome....straight to today's business please.



SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C:
Now, to our guest ma, what are your names both pseudonym and official name ma?

CHRISTENA AV WILLIAMS:
Well! My full name is Christena Antonia Valaire Williams and I sometimes use my pseudonym Anna Chavell Stewart. My Facebook name is accommodated by my Middle name



SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C:
Now, let's proceed with the interview: what sets the "Pearls Among Stones” apart from other books in poetry genre?

CHRISTENA AV WILLIAMS:
I do believe every poet and every book is unique so that in itself is something wonderful however This title was given to me by my father up above this book and its journey is what is beautiful how I got here has a person and how I began to write and how I was publish is extraordinary. My style of writing is unusual and my level of reasoning and how versatile I am has a poet but apart from my assessment it is what the readers have told me that my words are real and they connect to them and that is my mission to heal hearts, share knowledge, empower people, inspire and become inspired by people I meet.



SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C:
Who/What are the pearls among stone? Who/What is/are these stones? ... That your book refers to

CHRISTENA AV WILLIAMS:
The pearls among stones are the homeless, the broken hearted, the righteous one, spiritual, The doers, The revolutionist, poets, writers The ones who need a voice, hope, need to be inspired, The ones who inspire It is anyone who is willing to stand up for their beliefs in a positive way and who are willing to share their stories to whomever would listen. I speak to many people and many people have spoken to me and this book is their voice and their way of expression so my book is not mine alone it is for whoever made it into what it is. This book is also for my mother



SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C
Tell us about your most recent book "Pearls among Stones" – when did it come out?

CHRISTENA AV WILLIAMS:
My book pearls among stones was published by Canadian, Brian Wrixon and it was published on March 15, 2013

CHRISTENA AV WILLIAMS:
It is a collection of my deep secrets, pain, fear, wisdom, joy, happiness, my creative genius, my inspirations, it is a creative masterpiece of different themes and it is for everyone to read and enjoy and can appreciate its deep sentiments for humanity.



SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C
Ma, where did you get the inspiration to write "Pearls among stones"?

CHRISTENA AV WILLIAMS: My greatest Inspiration is God then my mother who I only know has my mother and Father has my father walked out on us when I was about one or two years of age. His lack of presence and contribution still lingers and when he do stop by he still have not apologise for the pain he has caused but if I can find it in my heart to forgive and renew that bond that would be my greatest accomplishment. Many things and many inspire me like my brothers, Shaun, Andre, Richard, Damion and Uncle, Orville Clarke. My friends also Dwayne Marshall and other poets in Jamaica and around the world , Alan Jankowski, Kerione Bryan, Daron Chosen Smith, Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom, Elizabeth Esguerra Castillo and also people stories, The life of me, my mother, my fellow country and its people. I am a big fan of Bob Marley, Tracy Chapman, Langston Hughes, Louise Bennette, Tupac and freedom fighters. I do believe that when we are broken we lose hope but if we can become a pearl and see ourselves valuable and fight on then wow how glorious that would be and I know it can happen because I have gone through it so have many people. a poem by me, " Possibilities" when you have tasted possibilities it is difficult to accept impossibilities.

This book means so much to me has I am a young writer and it is my first published collection and I am very grateful to the publisher to publish it as well as To be recognise in my homeland Jamaica receiving The highest award ever given to a youth for my book.



SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C
Hmmmn... cool. How can prospective readers get it?

CHRISTENA AV WILLIAMS:
This book can be reviewed, previewed, bought and share online which is delivered straight to your door by Blurb - http://www.blurb.com/b/4148458-pearls-among-stones

SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C
Nice

SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C
Now, we are in the audience participatory segment of the show. Feel free to pour out your questions.


Abosede Shittu Enitan (Member of SPIC TEAM):
So we can also have ours here (in Nigeria) poet Antonia?


Yollie Lulu Draw:
I often write to face my fear or my revulsion at some world event. What poem have you written that comes from your soul, deeply?

CHRISTENA AV WILLIAMS: My poems may be inspired by someone or something or by my experiences but they are all deep. I have many that I have written that tells a story of my life or others I will share a poem with you has I am led to do so.

REVOLUTIONARY MINDS

I want you to think positive today
Speak up when you have something to say
Stand up and let your voice be heard
Whenever injustice knocks at your door
Do not be afraid to cry out for mercy
Do not be afraid to cry so the world may be at your knees

Do not be afraid to be vocal
Whether foreign or local
Do not be afraid to challenge the stagnant system
Whether by voice or by the written work
Let our hearts beat as one with the Congo rhythm
Sing out The great reggae legend philosophy
Bob Marley
One Love, One hearts let’s get together and feel all right
I and I is a woman of righteousness
Everywhere me step Jah bless

Me radical
Every vagabond has to scatter as the power under which is dwell is internalized
Out of me the almighty specialized and their wicked cult cannot suffice
So open up your eyes
Please do realize
Take away the cobwebs and remove the mask of disguise
See I prophecy
Paint away the graffiti of one’s mind
Remove the zinc fences and cardboard boxes
That tries to manipulate
See God
See the devil when he masquerades
Realize his plan
His advocates and be aware

It is a physical
A spiritual warfare
Soldiers
Put on your armour
Prepare for war
Keep your mind open
Keep it secure
The gateways to your soul
Protect it with spiritual intervention
If you don’t
Illusion
Delusion
Difficult situation
Under the system’s manipulation
Hold an herbal, spiritual meditation
And revolutionized
Modernized this ya mind.

Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom :
She is a sister whom I am always proud of. She has all the attributes of a great woman.

Lennee Reid :
Amazing words!



SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C
Server seems unfavourable. Anyway it’s a success already. We’d call it a day at this juncture. Thanks a great lot for honouring our call. Do fill in all unanswered questions in the next six hours ma. These would be organize and posted on Speaking Pen's Blog, www.speakingp.blogspot.com :::::::::;;;;; ...... Check out some of our previous interviews with other authors here:
http://speakingp.blogspot.com/search?q=behold+our+author, http://www.speakingp.blogspot.com/.../speaking-pen..., http://www.speakingp.blogspot.com/.../speaking-pen...
You would also find articles beneficial to writers and readers here http://www.speakingp.blogspot.com/




SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT - S.P.I.C

MORE ABOUT OUR GUEST:
Christena AV Williams is radical poet and Author of Pearls among Stones and she emerges from the beautiful Island Jamaica where the sun kisses beaches magnificently. She loves old school music and is kinda a soft individual with deep convicting words that can encourage, break down barriers and can animate the inanimate.

There are two Dons in her life, one is God the other is her.

She is nobody's expectation; however she is God's Greatest Invention.

Call her a revolutionist, terrorist, rebel and outlaw, a rule breaker, optimist, realist, philosopher, teacher, wordsmith these are just some words that sums up a POET.


### The End

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

HOST:
Abegunde Sunday Olaoluwa (Principal Partner of Speaking Pen International Concept and author of “Unleash Your Potential Beyond Just Motivation” and “In His Realm”

GUEST AUTHOR:
Christena AV Williams, Author of “Pearls among Stones”

OTHERS PRESENT:
* Members of the SPIC Team
* Friends of the Host and Guests


SPEAKING PEN INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT says:
Thanks to everyone who followed the show silently and special thanks to Lennee Reid, Yollie Lulu Draw, Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom, Abosede Shittu Enitan, Omoniyi Princess Sandra for their contributions and thanks to all who did like and like and like and like and liked generously. join us next month here for another edition. authors, song writers, poet and the likes are also welcome if you would love to be interviewed, inbox SPIC boss,
Abegunde Sunday Olaoluwa (An author, freelancer, editor, blogger and the CEO of SPIC) on Facebook. SPIC renders a lot of free services to authors and some of our services that are not completely are free are almost free. Talk to us today.

ARE YOU A WRITER TOO AND WOULD LOVE TO BE INTERVIEWED TOO. CONTACT THE EMAIL BELOW, THANKS  LOVE YOU!


BBM: 28288b1e
sunnystar247@yahoo.com
@sunnystar247
+2348138841784

No comments:

Post a Comment

GET BONUSES FROM US